iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon - Premium HD DAC + Powerful Balanced headamp.
Fantastic Beasts. Here’s where you find them.
Portable DAC/amps tend to be compromised because they focus on a great digital OR a great analogue section. But not both. The xDSD Gryphon is different. Just like its mythical namesake, it is two beasts in one.
From the Ultra-Res digital stage using the Burr-Brown MultiBit at the core to the PureWave analogue power section pumping out 1,000mW and other things in-between, it takes serious headphones to tame the Gryphon.
- Separate Bluetooth + DAC + amp stages: each optimised for maximum performance
- Digital sources via USB, S/PDIF or Bluetooth
- Analogue sources via 4.4mm or 3.5mm inputs
Brilliant Bluetooth. Hi-Res Wireless.
Using the latest QCC 5100 series Bluetooth v5.1 as the starting point, for wireless connectivity, the xDSD Gryphon is at the bleeding-edge when it comes to the latest formats:
- aptX Adaptive and aptX HD
- LDAC and HWA/LHDC
- regular aptX and aptX Low Latency
- SBC (plain vanilla Bluetooth)
Not only this but the above is on the iFi digital platform where each section is distinct. So QC5100 for reception > Global Master Clock for jitter > Burr-Brown for DAC conversion. More effort but that’s why our wireless gives wired a run for its money.
USB & S/PDIF. Wired to the nines.
In terms of wired connectivity, the xDSD Gryphon handles all the formats using a hybrid Burr-Brown DAC chipset which is the same as used in our £3,000 flagship, the Pro iDSD Signature.
Rest assured that all the following latest formats are catered for but most importantly, are pushed to their zenith.
- PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz)
- DSD (512/256/128/64)
- DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz)
- MQA (Decoder)
- PCM (192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz)
Dimensions: 123 x 75 x 19 mm
Weight: 215 grams