iFi Audio Zen Air DAC - Kuulokevahvistin
A breath of fresh Air.
Get the best audio quality from your phone, tablet or computer.
Improve the quality of your everyday audio with the ZEN Air DAC. DAC stands for Digital to Analogue converter. In a nutshell, a DAC converts the digital info in your source device – your computer, games console, tablet or smartphone – to music that we can hear through speakers or headphones.
Every device that is a source of digital sound has a built-in DAC. External DACs sound much better that the standard DACs used inside these devices.
The ZEN Air DAC outputs very hi-res (high resolution) quality audio. This is much better that the standard audio you would get from just using your computer, games console, tablet or smartphone.
Imagine the difference in quality from a standard TV to an 4K Ultra HD TV — but in sound! This is the difference an external DAC makes to your music.
- The XMOS 16-Core chip processes the audio data received via the USB digital input. This new low-latency XMOS microcontroller has greatly enhanced processing power. Compared to the current generation of eight-core chips, this new 16-core IC delivers double the clock speed (2000MIPS) and four times the memory (512KB), as well as the latest SuperSpeed USB standard. iFi’s in-house digital development team has programmed the XMOS firmware to optimise sound quality and ensure a perfect partnership with the Burr-Brown DAC
- The Burr-Brown True Native® chipset means file formats remain unchanged or ‘bit-perfect’. This means you are listening to music as the artist intended in the format in which it was recorded. At iFi we use Burr Brown extensively in our products having selected it for its natural-sounding ‘musicality’ and True Native architecture. Our experience with this IC means we know how to make the most of it
- Listen to Master Quality Authenticated audio straight out of the box. Connect to Tidal Masters and check the option to stream MQA. MQA is an award-winning audio technology that enables music fans to stream the original master recording into their home, car or on their mobile. In the words of Gilbert O’Sullivan, iconic Irish-born singer-songwriter, “The great thing about MQA is that it delivers the finesse that was there in the desk sound. It’s tremendous, it sounds really good."
- As with many other iFi audio products, we’ve incorporated a custom OV Series operational-amplifier. This top-notch component contributes to the extremely low noise, low distortion (0.0001%) and wide bandwidth
- Texas Instruments low-noise ICs offer great unity-gain bandwidth, very low noise and distortion, high output drive capability, Common-mode and Power Supply Rejection Ratios of over 100 dB, wide maximum-output-swing bandwidths and high slew rates
- TDK C0G (Class 1 ceramic) capacitors offer high stability and low losses for resonant circuit applications. Getting ever closer to the theoretical ideal of pure, frequency-constant capacitance, these capacitors reduce capacitor-induced distortion to vanishingly low levels. They are pricey but are a perfect addition to our products
- Input voltage: DC 5V/2.5A
- Input: USB2.0 B Socket
- 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/352.8/384kHz PCM
- 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz DSD
- 353/384KHz DXD
- DAC: Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
- Power consumption: No Signal ~0.5W / Max Signal ~2.5W
- Dimensions: 158 x 117 x 35 mm
- Net weight: 315 g
- Output: 1V / 3.3V max.
- Output Impedance: ≤50Ω
- SNR: <-113dB(A) @ 0dBFS
- DNR: >113dB(A) @ -60dBFS
- THD+N: <0.04% @ 0dBFS
- Output: 1V / 3.3V max. (variable)
- Output Power: >280mW @ 32Ω ; >36mW @ 300Ω
- Output Impedance: <1Ω
- THD+N: <0.04% (100mW @ 16Ω)
- SNR: >113dBA (3.3V)